RingCentral is a cloud-based business phone solution that offers business communication tools for video, voice, fax and text. Core features of the solution include conferencing, auto-recording and unlimited long-distance and local calling.
|Supported capability||Required plan||Details|
|Passwordless SSO||Premium plan||Medium SSO tax|
|Automated provisioning||Premium plan||SCIM 2.0 (create, remove, update accounts)|
To configure RingCentral Single Sign On you will first need to download:
- SAML XML metadata file for your idemeum tenant
Instructions for how to obtain this SAML metadata file are below.
Single Sign-On (SAML)
Configure SSO in RingCentral
- Log in to RingCentral as administrator
- Go to More -> Security and Compliance -> Single Sign On
- In the Set up SSO by yourself section, click Set Up
- To configure SSO you will need to upload metadata file for your idemeum tenant (obtained in the prerequisites section).
You will now be using the metadata file that you obtained from prerequisites section
- Choose Upload with file, click Browse and select the idemeum metadata file for your tenant.
- For Map Email Attribute to select SAML_SUBJECT
- Click Save
- Now in the Set up SSO yourself click download button to download Ring Central metadata file. You will need that information to set up idemeum SSO.
- In the Enable SSO section select the following:
- Click checkbox to enable SSO
- In Manage Your Login select Allow users to log in with SSO or RingCentral credential. If you want your users to always login with SSO, choose Enforce SSO login only.
- Choose Yes to maintain user password
Configure SSO in idemeum
- Navigate to your idemeum admin portal at https://[your domain].idemeum.com/adminportal
- Click Applications in the left menu
- Search for RingCentral application and click Add App
- Navigate to SAML configuration
- Paste the XML metadata that you downloaded from RingCentral and click Load config
- Click Save
Automated provisioning with SCIM
- Navigate to RingCentral app in idemeum
- Click on Provisioning
- Click on Authorize
- You will need to authenticate with RingCentral admin credentials for idemeum to automatically configure provisioning.
- Click Save
Before users can access applications you need to make sure you entitle applications to them. In idemeum admin portal navigate to Entitlements section to assign applications to your employees.
SAML SSO login flows
RingCentral supports both IDP Initiated Flow and SP Initiated FlowSP Initiated Flow for SSO.
IDP Initiated flow
With this flow users first navigate to idemeum user catalog and then click on RingCentral icon to launch application.
SP Initiated flow
With this flow users can directly go to RingCentral and login with passwordless SSO. Choose login with SSO, and then type your email, and you will be redirected to idemeum to authenticate.